Business networks and school networks use a proxy to provide access to the Internet. Along with this, you can also set it up for
- Hiding your IP address, and
- Accessing blocked website in your region.
Many users are not aware of this but iOS has a feature that allows you to set up a proxy. This enables your device to forward all the network requests to the said server. Setting it up on your device is quite simple. You just have to make sure that the details with you are correct. These details or credentials will be used to set up a proxy on your device.
Let’s do it:
- Unlock your iPhone. Go to Settings and tap on
- If you are not connected to a WiFi, tap on the one you want to be connected to.
- Scroll down and you will see a section for HTTP Proxy. It remains off by default.
- You have two options: you can either let it detect the details automatically or enter the details manually.
- If you have the proxy address and port, then choose Manual.
- Enter the address of the proxy server into the Server field and then enter the port number.
- If username and password are also required, turn-on Authentication and enter the required details.
If you encounter any problem while doing the above-mentioned steps, feel free to drop us a message. And yes, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media.