Just in case you don’t know, Google Assistant is available for download for iOS users in the United States. You can read more on this at here. And if you are already aware of this, you must check out our post to get the most out of it: Google Assistant – Tips & Tricks for your iPhone.
Replacing Siri with Google Assistant
Well, if you are an avid fan of Google’s Assistant, this jailbreak tweak is definitely for you. It is now possible to replace Siri on your iPhone with Google Assistant. We will use a popular tool, Activator to set Google Assistant as your default voice assistant.
Please note that the Assistant will not be able to able to perform the system function as Siri does because it is not a system application.
This is how you can do it:
- First, download and install Google Assistant for your iPhone from App Store. Here is the link.
- Download Activator from Cydia. Open it.
- Now, tap on Anywhere.
- Under the Home Button, tap on Long Hold. Now, Scroll Down to User Applications Section and then open Assistant. Tap on i next to it and then select Open App Immediately.
- Again, go back to Anywhere screen and select Short Hold. Now, scroll down to Systems Action and select Do Nothing.
- Now, go to Settings, open Siri and toggle it off.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can replace Siri with Google Assistant on your iPhone. Now, if you press and hold on your Home Button, it will open Assistant. Pressing and holding Home Button will not open Siri anymore.
Well, if you face any problem while doing the above procedure, do drop us a text. We will be happy to help you out. Also, do share this post over social media with your friends.