The carrier name is displayed at the top of the display screen of any iPhone or iPad. So, just in case you have a jailbroken iOS 10 device and you don’t like the name for your service provider, we have a solution for you.
Changing the name of the carrier to any text would be definitely cool. You can set any text as the name of the carrier and it will display the same in the status bar through this tweak. Through this post, we will explain to you how to change the carrier name with any text of your choice.
How is it done?
Changing carrier name is done through a jailbreak tweak called FakeCarrier. All you need to do is the following steps:
- Open Cydia on your device.
- Search for FaceCarrier and then download it.
- After the installation process will complete, you will the app icon on your home screen.
- When you will open the app for the very first time, it will show you an error stating that the app needs to be updated. Ignore it.
- Open the app.
- You will see an option named Carrier.
- Type your desired text next to this option and tap on Set.
- As soon as you exit the app after tapping on Set, you will notice that your carrier name has changed.
So, for all those who were looking to change their carrier names, here is the solution. Use
Feel free to contact us just in case you need any help with this. And yes, don’t forget to share this post on your social media!
You can explore more jailbreak tweaks here: Jailbreak Tweaks.