Apple finally released the beta version of iOS 11 at the keynote speech of WWDC 2017. Following are the key features in this beta version:
- Peer-to-peer payments in Apple Pay,
- Redesigned Lock Screen,
- New & updated Control Center,
- Support for multiple languages in Siri,
- All-new design for App Store, and many more things.
As of now, Apple has released the beta version of iOS 11 only for the members who are part of its developer program. If you are a member of Apple’s Developer Program, then it’s really easy to download iOS 11 Beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. But if you are not part of Developer Program, here’s how you can be.
Being a Part of Apple’s Developer Program
- Go to this link and register. You have to pay $99 per year for being a part of this program.
- Beta versions generally contain a lot of bugs. So, be prepared!
- Take a complete backup of your device before you start installing iOS 11 Beta on your phone.
- After registering, open your Account on the above link.
- Then Click on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the left navigation panel, click on All under Devices.
- Then click on the + button to add your iOS device.
- Now, you need to enter UDID of your device. (If you don’t know how to find UDID of your device, check out this post: How to Find UDID of your device)
- Complete the registration process accordingly.
Installing iOS 11 Beta using Configuration Profile
- To start with, download the Configuration Profile from this page.
- You can directly download this profile on your phone.
- Open this downloaded profile and follow installation guidelines.
How to Install iOS 11 Beta Using iTunes
- After you have successfully registered with your UDID, click on Platform link at the top of the Navigation bar, then on iOS, and then on Download.
- Under iOS 11 Beta, select your device’s model under Restore Image.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch to your Mac or Desktop.
- Click on the iPhone icon that is nearby drop down menu in iTunes.
- Hold down the Options button and then Click for Updates.
- Now, select that .ipsw file you downloaded and then click on Open.
- Click OK on the prompts shown by iTunes App.
- It will start installing iOS 11 Beta on your phone.
- After your phone reboots, you will be greeted with a Hello screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish installing iOS 11 Beta on your device.
So, this is how you can install iOS Beta 11 on your device. If you face any problem while installing, feel free to drop a message. We will be happy to help you out.