In the first part, we talked about a lot of hidden features in macOS High Sierra. You can check them out here. Let’s continue our list of hidden features.
Hidden Features Part 2
12. Persistent Sidebar in Photos App
Now, you have a persistent sidebar across the entire app. It means that sidebar will be available anytime you open the app whether you are moving the photos or deleting them.
13. New Section: Imports & Hidden
Photos App now has two more important sections: Imports and Hidden. The Imports section now displays your most recent imports (in a reverse chronological order).
While the new Hidden tab in sidebar gives quick access to your hidden photos and videos.
14. Pin Notes
Now, you can swipe a note to see the Pin option. All the notes that you pin will be displayed at the top.
15. Tables in Notes
Well, you can now create custom tables in the Notes app.
16. Search Suggestion in Notes
The Native Notes App has now search suggestions to make it easier for you to find notes.
17. Take Live Photos in FaceTime
FaceTime App now has a new shutter button which takes Live Photos in a call. Both parties get a notification about it and it gets saved in your Photos library.
18. Spotlight now Supports Flight Search
Spotlight now does flight search for you between the given locations.
19. Multiple Results on Spotlight
Spotlight now shows multiple results from Wikipedia.
20. Siri Visual Update
Siri has got several visual updates. They include:
- The text is now bigger,
- The answers are in bold,
- Text is now left-aligned,
- Answers have a solid white background,
- The traditional mic icon has been replaced by an animating orb.
21. Other Updates to Siri
- Siri’s voice is now even more natural in macOS High Sierra.
- You will now be able to type to Siri.
- Once switched to the typing mode, you can not switch back.
22. iCloud Link Sharing
Just like Google Drive & Dropbox, you can now share the links of files stored in your iCloud storage.
23. Sharing Storage with Family
Well, if you have a storage capacity of 200 GB or more than that, you can now share it with your family members.
So, this was our list of Hidden features in macOS High Sierra. Did we miss any feature that should be on this list? Do let us know. We would love to hear from you.
And yes, do share this post with your friends over social media.