Without a doubt, the stock app for messaging is as good as any other 3rd-party app. Do you know you can share your location via iMessage? You can either share your current location or live location with the help of iMessage. Also, there is an option to share your location for an indefinite time with your friend.
How to Share Current Location/Live Location using Apple Maps in iMessage on iPhone?
- To start with, make sure that you have turned on Location Services on your iPhone.
- You can go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Maps>Select while using the App.
- Now, launch iMessage on your iPhone and open any conversation.
- Tap on i at the top left corner.
- Now, there are two options available: Send my Current Location & Share my location.
- If you tap on Send My Current Location, then you would share your present location. But if you tap on Share My Location, you will have three options: Share for 1 Hour, Share Until End of Day and Share Indefinitely.
- After selecting an option, click on Done at the top right corner.
- This is how you can share your location with your friends on iMessage using Apple Maps. And just in case you want to turn if off:
- Tap on i at the top right corner. Make sure that you are in the same conversation where you have previously shared your location.
- Tap on Stop Sharing My Screen and then confirm.
- That’s it. We are done.
Well, this is how you can share your current or live location with your friends through iMessage App. Please do remember that you have turned on Location Services to use this. This feature uses Apple Maps to share your location.
If you encounter any problem while sharing your location through iMessage, feel free to drop a text. We will be happy to help you out. And if you liked our post, do share it with your friends over social media.