Clash Royale is an online multiplayer game. It features all characters of the original Clash of Clans game. In this game, you are set to battle against a human opponent. To win, you need to destroy your opponent’s three crown towers in the intense battle of 3 minutes.
As you start winning against your opponents, you start moving up on the Global Ladder. Overall, the game keeps on testing your card knowledge as well as your strategy making capabilities.
You can download this app from Apple Store.
1. Join a Clan
You can join a clan after you reach King Level 3 in the game. If you are wondering why joining a clan is a good idea, there are a number of reasons:
- Request cards from your fellow clan members,
- Get extra Gold & Kind Level points by donating your extra cards,
- Chat and share your strategies with your fellow clanmates,
- Play friendly matches for free,
So, become a part of a clan and be an active member as well. At times, clan leaders will ask you to donate cards, so do that. Just don’t get yourself kicked out from a clan by being inactive.
2. Attack in Pairs
If you have played Clash of Clans for a while, you know that it is a bad strategy to send a single troop at a time. Instead of this, you should wait for a while till your opponent’s troop charges up. Now as soon as your exilir charges up as well, you can drop two troops at a time.
This increases the impact of your troop on that of your opponent’s. Also, there is one more thing you can do is to place your troop at the end of the arena, the reasons for this are:
- Your exilir charges up till the troop is coming to half-point in the arena,
- As you are at the end, your troop remains safe,
- As soon as your troops reaches the bridge, you can see how your opponent reacts to them,
- Meanwhile, you can rush through your second troop just in case the attack is severe.
3. Figuring out your opponet’s battle deck
Well, this is a no-brainer kind of a thing. In the very first minute of the battle, try to analyze the cards of your opponent. See if there is any pattern. The entire game depends on the use of cards. And if you are well aware with the cards your opponent has, you have already half won the battle.
So, if your opponent has Attack cards, then it is important to have counter cards. And using these counter cards at the right time is even more important. Believe me, when I say this, there is no worse feeling than:
- Dropping a skeleton army on the left lane while your opponent drops a giant on the right, and
- Mistiming an arrow’s attack and then being unable to defend a low hitpoint surge attack.
4. Learning from the Best
Just in case you are not aware, the game has a cool feature called TV Royale. Here, you can watch the battles between the top-ranked players in the world. Two things to learn:
- Cards combinations that you were not aware of, and
- New counter cards that you are yet to explore.
Apart from Royale TV, there are a number of YouTube channels that are creating awesome gameplay content with commentaries. You can check out these 2 channels:
5. Building your Decks
If you have been playing this game for a while, you will have made your own set of strategies. As you move up the levels, new cards will get unlocked. But as a matter of fact, every deck should have
- One Low Exilir Cost Ground Troop: Skeletons, Spear Goblins, Knights, Goblins.
- One Ranged Troop: Archers, Musketeer, Spear Goblins, Princess.
- One High-Hit Point Troop: Giant, Golem, Giant Skeleton, Royal Giant.
- One Flying Troop: Baby Dragon, Goblin Barrel, Minions, Minion Horde.
- One Damage-Causing Spell: Fireball, Arrows, Poison, Lightning, Rocket, Zap, Goblin Barrel.
- One Troop for Countering: Valkyrie, Skeleton Army, Bomber, Wizard.
6. Take it (Play) Slow
When the battle first starts, you have four cards to choose from. It is better to stay calm in the beginning. As soon as the exilir is full and the opponent has made move, it’s time for you to counter it effectively. Now, you are in a better position to either attack or defend.
One basic deck for you to start with: Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Arrows, Valkyrie, Musketeer & Skeleton Army.
7. Use Chest Tracking Apps
Well, if you don’t want to spend a single penny at all and still play the entire game easily, there is an app for this. With the help of such apps, you can plan when you are going to receive
- Giant, and
- Magical & Super Magical chests.
Though it might seem random to you, but there is an algorithm that decides what are you going to get. For an example, every 240 chests, you get
- 3 Giant Chests,
- 3 Magical Chests,
- 54 Gold Chests, and
- Remaining 190 in Silver Chests.
Chest Tracker app helps you out by determining what are the chests coming up next. All you need to do is download this app and sync your chests.
8. The Best Game Card
Well, the best game card in the game is MasterCard. There exist players who have spent tens of thousands of dollars for in-game purchases to reach the top of the rankings. This is the sad reality of every freemium game.
For a normal user, it would take a number of months to equate them. After spending this much of time, a normal gamer only has the slightest of a chance to win against the gamers featured in the leaderboard.
So, meanwhile, people like me and you can watch Royale TV and other YouTube channels and learn from the experts.
To conclude, this is our guide on playing Clash Royale on your iPhone or iPad. We hope that this guide will help you out. And just in case you have any queries, feel free to drop a text. And if you liked this guide, do share it with your friends over social media.